Monday 4 August 2014

Homework Challenges (Physical Activity and the Outdoors)

Compete in a sport for an entire season

Hockey & Netball

These last two terms I have played two sports these have made my weeks busy with lots of practices and games to try and our best and be the best team we can be. At the moment it is winter so the winter sports that I'm in at the competing in at the moment is Hockey and Netball. I like both these sports because there both different but fun at the same time. This was my first year playing hockey I didn't really know what I was doing or how to play, As for netball I started netball in the end of year 4 and have loved it ever since. The reason why I wanted to play netball is because of my mum she used to play indoor netball so as I was little I used to always come with her to her netball practices and her games hoping when I was older I could play and follow in her foot steps. The reason why I wanted to play hockey is because I thought it was much different to other sports with the stick and the mouth guard and everything. My mum also thought that I could be good at because I'm short and close to the ground so I could just hit the ball instead of being like a tall person and having to bend over and have pains in my back.

Mrs Mills gave us these home work Tasks last week so I will tell you the results from last week.

Netball: Last week we had a hard game we played Papamoa College. They surprised me I didn't think they would be as good as they were. It was a hard battle to the end but thankful we were able to pull it off with the score of 38-27 to Tauranga Intermediate I was so pleased with the team and all the hard work the had put into the game as we also were all tried from friday as on friday we had the Winter elite tournament (which Tauranga Intermediate won!!!)  

Hockey: As for hockey the other team wasn't able to come and they kindly had given my team some notice about it. So my team was going to have a friendly kids VS parents game unfortunately my parents were busy and not able to take me to hockey so I couldn't play with my team but I kinda think that it was a good think because I was also kinda tried from the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment